The Lion's Mane mushroom has long been treasured in Japan and China, both as a culinary delicacy and as an important medicinal mushroom. As a highly prized medicinal mushroom Japanese scientists have studied the Lion's Mane mushroom and have confirmed many diverse and important biological activities.
Recent research indicates that the hot water/alcohol extract of Lion's Mane stimulates the synthesis of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and promotes the process of myelination.
Lion's Mane mushroom (Hericium erinaceus) may have the ability to stimulate the production of a substance known as Nerve Growth Factor, or NGF. This specialized protein is necessary for the growth of sensory neurons, and studies have shown that extracts of this mushroom promote myelin sheath growth on nerve cells. Since the myelin sheath is the component of nerve cells most closely associated with the transmission of nerve messages, research suggests that Lion's Mane may help to slow the progression of degenerative neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease. In the absence of a health challenge of this nature, Lion's Mane may provide an additional cognitive boost to help us through times of high demand on our concentration and intellect.
In addition to the possible benefits it offers to the nervous system, Lion's Mane has also been used in Daoist Tonic Herbalism to address ailments of the digestive tract. The glyconutrients (polysaccharides) found in Lion's Mane, like those found in other medicinal mushrooms, have been shown to have significant immune-enhancing properties.
Lion's Mane has also been known to promote the following:
- Regulating blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Combating underlying causes of Alzheimer's and dementia by stimulating Nerve Growth Factor
- May alleviate pain symptoms associated with HIV-AIDS
- Speeding the healing of ulcers
- Promoting digestive health
- Reducing inflammation
- Boosting memory and overall nervous system function
- Relieving indigestion and constipation
Active Contents: 30%, non-linear polysaccharide (beta glucan)
Who can use it? Anyone
Method of Extraction: Hot water/Organic grain alcohol extraction
Ingredients: Organic Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus) mycelium extract
Other Ingredients: None
Recommended Usage: Begin with 1/8 tsp, gradually increase to 1/2 tsp or more; twice daily, AM and PM, or as directed by a healthcare professional
Add to elixirs, tonics, smoothies, homemade ice creams, puddings, fruit and/or vegetable juices, water, etc.
* If you are new to this herb, its best to start small (1/8 tsp), and gradually build up as your body adapts to its potency.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.